top of page

The Fritch City Code, Sec. 3.02.001 has adopted the 2003 addition of the International Building Code (IBC) as the code of the city for regulating the erection, construction, enlargement, alteration, repair, moving, removal, demolition, conversion, occupancy, equipment, use, height, area and maintenance of all buildings or structures in the city, providing for issuance of permits and collection of fees therefore; and each and all of the regulations, provisions and terms of said code are hereby referred to, adopted and made a part hereof as if fully set out in this section. This means that the City is attempting to establish minimum standards for governing the conditions and maintenance of all property, buildings, and structures by providing the standards for supplied utilities and facilities and other physical things and conditions essential to ensure that structures are safe, sanitary, and fit for occupation and use; and the condemnation of buildings and structures unfit for human occupation and use and the demolition of such structures, within the City.

When is a permit required? Whenever any person intends to do construction, alterations, or repairs on an existing structure, they should come to City Hall (104 N. Robey) to apply for a building permit. The Code Compliance Officer can quickly determine whether you need a permit or not.

Are there exemptions? Does everything require a permit? Yes, there are exemptions, such as fences not over 6 feet high, painting or wall papering, laying of carpet, swings or playground equipment, minor repair of electrical equipment such as lamps or electrical connections, portable heating and/or cooling equipment, and fixing plumbing leaks. No, everything does not require a building permit. However, if you are unsure or if there is any doubt, contact the City Code Compliance Officer. They will be happy to help you and to answer your questions. They can help you with making sure that your construction or repairs meets with the IBC code requirements.

Who do you contact? 

Contact Ronnie Morrison Code Compliance Officer at City Hall, 857-3143.


If you pay online please ensure the permit application is delivered to the City Hall for Processing. The permitting process can not proceed until all required paperwork has been completed and submitted. 

bottom of page